Providing Information to Reduce and Prevent Infection Events
The use of molecular diagnosis resulted in noteworthy clinical advances, including earlier detection, initiation of treatment, improved infection control, better clinical outcomes and a more rapid decrease in related complications.
Testing can provide facilities and patients with a safer, more sterile environment with reduced risks, allowing them to take action through proactive medical management plans.
Other benefits may include:
- A specific diagnosis could be established or confirmed
- Results could provide an explanation for the cause of a heart condition
- Risk of developing an underying multi-system condition could be uncovered
- Provides the patient with an opportunity to start risk reduction strategies
- At-risk relatives who would also benefit from genetic testing could be identified
- The patient can make well-informed family planning decisions